28 惊奇还是意外(3)

I sat up in bed, listening in the darkness, and then was suddenly hurled into the middle of my stateroom.

我立即起来坐在床上,黑暗里细心听,这时候,我突然被抛到房子中间去。

Apparently the Nautilus had gone aground, then heeled over sharply.

上海龙凤shlf最新地址很显然,诺第留斯号是在碰上什么后,发生了很厉害的倾斜了。

Leaning against the walls, I dragged myself down the gangways to the lounge, whose ceiling lights were on.

靠着墙板,沿着墙到走廊,从走廊慢慢到客厅,厅里面有天花板上的灯光照得通明。

The furniture had been knocked over.

上海龙凤shlf最新地址桌倚家具都翻倒了。

Fortunately the glass cases were solidly secured at the base and had stood fast.

上海龙凤shlf最新地址很运气,那些玻璃柜下部钉得结实,没有倒下来。

Since we were no longer vertical, the starboard pictures were glued to the tapestries, while those to port had their lower edges hanging a foot away from the wall.

上海龙凤shlf最新地址船左舷挂的图画,由于垂直线转移,都贴在绣花挂毡上,挂在右舷上,下西的框缘离开一英尺远,

So the Nautilus was lying on its starboard side, completely stationary to boot.

诺第留斯号是靠右舷倒下来,并且完全不动了。

上海龙凤shlf最新地址In its interior I heard the sound of footsteps and muffled voices.

在船部,我听到脚步的声响和嘈杂的人声。

But Captain Nemo didn't appear. Just as I was about to lea上海龙凤shlf最新地址ve the lounge, Ned Land and Conseil entered.

上海龙凤shlf最新地址但尼摩船长没有出来。我正要离开客厅的时候,尼德·兰和康塞尔进来了。

What happened? I instantly said to them.

“发生什么事了?我立即问他们。

I came to ask master that, Conseil replied.

“我正来问先生呢。”康塞尔回答。

Damnation! the Canadian exclaimed. I know full well what happened!

“怪呀!”加拿大人喊,“我很知道这事!

The Nautilus has gone aground, and judging from the way it's listing, I don't think it'll pull through like that first time in the Torres Strait.

上海龙凤shlf最新地址诺第留斯号碰上什么了,从它躺下的情况来判断,我想这一次不象上一次在托列斯海峡中,它不能脱身了。”

But, I asked, are we at least back on the surface of the sea?

“不过,”我问,“它至少是回到水面上来了吧?”

We have no idea, Conseil replied.

“我不知道。”康塞尔回答。

It's easy to find out, I answered.

上海龙凤shlf最新地址“这事很容易确定。”我说。

I consulted the pressure gauge. Much to my surprise, it indicated a depth of 360 meters.

上海龙凤shlf最新地址我看压力表,我非常惊异,表指着三百六十米深的水层。

上海龙凤shlf最新地址What's the meaning of this? I exclaimed.

上海龙凤shlf最新地址“这是怎么说呢?”我喊。